Sun protection, insect protection and a first-aid kit are part of the basic equipment for travel and are entirely sufficient for most short trips. Yet, long-haul journeys generally take us to other climate zones, often tropical, and hence to countries where illnesses which are rare in Germany appear more frequently. However, there is no reason against a tour of Asia, a jungle trip in Costa Rica or a safari in Africa. The important thing is correct preparation.
Soma vaccinations are even possible for “last minute” trips! However, many vaccinations require time. That is why you should allow us to advise you as early as possible.
Travel medicine and tropical medicine specialists in our numerous travel practices will be happy to advise you with the planning of your stay abroad and provide you with health-related information on travel destinations all over the world, as well as potential illnesses and necessary vaccinations.
You can have all the necessary vaccinations, as well as prescriptions for your first-aid kit and malaria prophylaxis, directly on site. If you travel a lot, you can have your set of vaccinations carried out without any problems in our various BCRT travel clinics: e.g. a first rabies vaccination in our Berlin Travel Clinic, and the second one in our Munich Travel Clinic.
During the opening times of the travel practices you do not need an appointment – you can just come by without any prior arrangement.
- Individual advice on all health-related aspects of travel
- Evaluation of prior illnesses
- Tips on nutrition, hygiene, insect protection, and sun protection
- Advice for pregnant women and for travelling with children
- Preparation of a vaccination plan
- Malaria prophylaxis advice
- Recommendations for the first-aid kit and for medicines abroad
- Advice on interactions between medicines and on contraindications
Payment and reimbursement of costs
In all travel clinics you can pay with an EC bank card or in cash.
Health insurance companies are not obliged to reimburse costs for travel medicine services.